To take the first step in creating your bespoke, life-enhancing experience with Pelorus, please complete this form. Share as much information as possible and your wildest dreams so that we can ensure the best member of our team gets back to you.
If you would like to speak to our team immediately, please contact us directly on+44 203 848 5424 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm).
Newsletter subscribers can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our emails.
Why Book With Pelorus?
An innovative team of award-winning experts with a desire to change the way we see the world
A military background and planning tool that delivers impeccable attention to detail and safety throughout
Exclusive collaborations with a network of industry leaders to offer unrivaled experiences by land and by sea
Príncipe Island, São Tomê & Príncipe
Wake up to a sea breeze, tropical scents, chattering parrots and playful monkeys. Look out at sheltered waters for sea turtles and humpback whales, and indulge in the feeling of seclusion surrounded by verdant rainforest. Welcome to the luscious sanctuary of Sundy Praia, found on the west African island of Principe.
15 tented villas
Activities include 4×4 excursions, plantations tour, boat trips, walking trails, turtle watching, whale watching, scuba diving and snorkelling
Designed to replicate the old fishermen’s huts which once stood, Sundy Praia’s tented villas merge European chic with west Africa to create a delightful hideaway in the shelter of tropical almond and banana trees. Weatherboard wood panelling and timber decks provide a rustic, yet luxurious feel and the interiors are filled with charming local artefacts amongst modern conveniences. Open the shutters wide to embrace fabulous ocean views from the privacy of an outdoor terrace, an idyllic spot to relax whilst watching tropical birds dancing through the trees. Accommodation options offer one, two- and three-bedroom villas, some ideal for a family or group of friends. For ultimate exclusivity, the lodge’s three-bedroom villas comprise a private pool and generous sofas under the shade of a billowing canopy.
At the epicentre of this magical property lies an ocean-facing swimming pool and bar, just footsteps away from an exciting aquatic playground. Marvel at the unique dining area, a striking structure created from bamboo, exuding an inviting atmosphere beneath its leafy canopy. Prepare for an unforgettable culinary experience at Sundy Praia where the talented international chefs curate superb seasonal menus utilising only the best of the island’s produce. With a natural kitchen of local ingredients, expect sensational flavours through delicate dishes and carefully selected wines to accompany. Under the twinkling stars, dine in the dark in a fine-dining experience whereby a tasting menu of the chef’s best dishes will be served.
Provides a model for sustainable, responsible tourism whereby Principe’s local people are heavily involved. 60% of staff employed at Sundy Praia are from the island and the remaining 40% are from São Tomé
Bathroom products and oils are produced by the locals at the organic farm and most of the food is sourced from the island. The chef’s herbs are sourced from an experimental herb garden in Paciencia
Why we love it
Sundy Praia’s charming simplicity has created a world of relaxation and wellness. Transport yourself to this remote tropical paradise, where you will be well-looked after with the backdrop of nature. It offers a place to move slower, unwind, savour the sunshine and switch off to the island sounds and ocean waters.
Planning your experience
Contact our Travel Designers to find out more about Sundy Praia and to start planning your own bespoke experience to São Tomé and Príncipe.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.