Close and personal with Mexico’s marine giants
Discover why legendary French explorer Jacques Cousteau dubbed the Sea of Cortez “the world’s aquarium” as an expert guide brings you face-to-face with Baja California’s magnificent marine wildlife.
When to go: October – April
- Spend the day in a private panga, as your expert guide gets you close to enormous grey whales as they calve (depending on the season). If you're lucky, you will be able to get close enough to touch the whales. You will also watch blue whales as they feed in the plankton-rich waters
- Board your luxury private boat and set sail for San Jose. Enjoy a fresh seafood dinner on board before relaxing on deck beneath the stars
- Wake up in Las Animas and explore one of the premier dive sites in the world for schooling hammerhead sharks. Snorkel with magnificent spotted whale sharks – the largest fish in the world – and watch schools of fish such as amberjacks and tuna
- Dive at Espirito Santo, weaving through stunning natural rock formations teeming with life. You’ll see dense shoals of silver sardines, blue and gold king angel fish and yellow surgeon fish amongst golden cup corals
- Back on land you can race $100,000 purpose-built off-road buggies over the most challenging and exciting mountainous terrain. You’ll soar over ridges and tackle a tight mountain trail with huge drop offs before heading down the stunning Baja coastline