Experience some of the most spectacular locations in South America in an exciting journey which will see you beginning in the bustling city of Buenos Aires and journeying south through a dizzying array of stunning landscapes to the Patagonia region.
When to go: December – March
- First up is the capital city, Buenos Aires, where you will get your first tastes of authentic daily life in Argentina. Experience the power of the Argentine tango in an amazing private show performed by the most elite professionals in the city, before learning this elegant ancient art yourself.
- Through Pelorus' extensive network of contacts, you will have exclusive access to a private Estancia, where you will have the chance to learn everything about the sport of polo from some of the true masters of the discipline.
- You will then head west to Mendoza, Argentina’s wine capital and an elegant colonial city which boasts stunning, panoramic views over the Andes. Lead by a private guide and sommelier, you will embark on an exhilarating journey riding mountain bikes across varied terrain to take on some of the best vintages in the region.
- Dine at the restaurant of celebrity chef, Francis Mallmann, and sample his famous delicacies cooked over an open fire. At sunrise, you will begin a two-day journey across the Andes.
- From Mendoza, travel south to the legendary Patagonia region. After a day spent learning some climbing skills, you will hike, mountain bike, kayak and raft through the epic landscapes to reach your overnight stay - a peaceful riverside glamping spot. Spend a couple of days in this isolated haven, striking out each day for hikes over new ground, fly fishing, or just relaxing by the river.